Handbook of social psychology [electronic resource] / edited by Susan T. Fiske, Daniel T. Gilbert, Gardner Lindzey.
- 5th ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley, 
Database & Article Index
1 online resource (2 v.) : ill.
- Social psychology.
- Electronic books.
- Since the first edition was published in 1935, the Handbook of Social Psychology has been the standard reference work in the field, offering historic, integrative, and penetrating surveys of the topics that constitute the discipline. This two-volume Fifth Edition reflects the tremendous changes the field has experienced in the last decade and continues to be an indispensable resource for students and scholars alike, with all-new chapters written by the world's foremost authorities on each topic and a list of contributors that reads like an international Who's Who in Social Psychology. Chapter topics retained from the previous edition have been updated to reflect cutting-edge content, and many others-social neuroscience, mind perception, experimental existential psychology, morality, and interpersonal stratification-are entirely new to this edition.
- v. 1. History of social psychology: insights, challenges, and contributions to theory and application / Lee Ross, Mark Lepper, Andrew Ward
The art of laboratory experimentation / Timothy D. Wilson, Elliot Aronson, Kevin Carlsmith
Social psychological methods outside the laboratory / Harry T. Reis, Samuel D. Gosling
Data analysis in social psychology: recent and recurring issues / Charles M. Judd, David A. Kenny
Social cognitive neuroscience / Matthew D. Lieberman
Social psychophysiology and embodiment / Jim Blascovich, Wendy Berry Mendes
Automaticity and the unconscious / Ap Dijksterhuis
Motivation / John A. Bargh, Peter M. Gollwitzer, Gabriele Oettingen
Emotion / Dacher Keltner, Jennifer S. Lerner
Attitudes / Mahzarin R. Banaji, Larisa Heiphetz
Attitudes and persuasion: from biology to social responses to persuasive intent / Dolores Albarracín, Patrick Vargas
Perceiving people / C. Neil Macrae, Susanne Quadflieg
Nonverbal behavior / Nalini Ambady, Max Weisbuch
Mind perception / Nicholas Epley, Adam Waytz
Judgment and decision making / Thomas D. Gilovich, Dale W. Griffin
Self and identity / William B. Swann, Jr., Jennifer K. Bosson
Gender / Wendy Wood, Alice H. Eagly
Personality in social psychology / David C. Funder, Lisa A. Fast
Health / Shelley E. Taylor
Experimental existential psychology: coping with the facts of life / Tom Pyszczynski ... [et al.]
v. 2. Evolutionary social psychology / Steven L. Neuberg, Douglas T. Kenrick, Mark Schaller
Morality / Jonathan Haidt, Selin Kesebir
Aggression / Brad J. Bushman, L. Rowell Huesmann
Affiliation, acceptance, and belonging: the pursuit of interpersonal connection / Mark R. Leary
Close relationships / Margaret S. Clark, Edward P. Lemay, Jr.
Interpersonal stratification: status, power, and subordination / Susan T. Fiske
Social conflict: the emergence and consequences of struggle and negotiation / Carsten K.W. De Dreu
Intergroup relations / Vincent Yzerbyt, Stéphanie Demoulin
Intergroup bias / John F. Dovidio, Samuel L. Gaertner
Social justice: history, theory, and research / John T. Jost, Aaron C. Kay
Influence and leadership / Michael A. Hogg
Group behavior and performance / J. Richard Hackman, Nancy Katz
Organizational preferences and their consequences / Deborah H. Gruenfeld, Larissa Z. Tiedens
The psychological underpinnings of political behavior / Jon A. Krosnick, Penny S. Visser, Joshua Harder
Social psychology and law / Margaret BullKovcera, Eugene Borgida
Social psychology and languae: words,utterances, and conversations / Thomas Holtgbraves
Cultural psychology / Steven J. Heine.
- Title from title screen (Wiley Online Library, viewed Aug. 10, 2010).
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Description based on print version record.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Fiske, Susan T.
Gilbert, Daniel Todd.
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Other format:
- Print version: Handbook of social psychology.
- 0470561114 (electronic bk.)
9780470561119 (electronic bk.)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1002/9780470561119 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|