A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations : Chicago Style for students and researchers / Kate L. Turabian ; revised by Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, and the University of Chicago Press editorial staff.
- Other Title:
- Chicago Style for students and researchers
Chicago manual of style for students and researchers
- Eighth edition.
- Chicago ; London : University of Chicago Press, . , ©2013
- Chicago guides to writing, editing, and publishing.
Chicago guides to writing, editing, and publishing
xv, 448 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Dissertations, Academic -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Academic writing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Turabian's set of guidelines to help students understand how to write, cite, and formally submit research writing.
- Part I. Research and writing : from planning to production / Wayne C. Booth, Gregory C. Colomb, and Joseph M. Williams.
1. What research is and how researchers think about it
2. Moving from a topic to a question to a working hypothesis
3. Finding useful sources
4. Engaging sources
5. Planning your argument
6. Planning a first draft
7. Drafting your report
8. Presenting evidence in tables and figures
9. Revising your draft
10. Writing your final introduction and conclusion
11. Revising sentences
12. Learning from your returned paper
13. Presenting research in alternative forums
14. On the spirit of research.
Part II. Source citation.
15. General introduction to citation practices
16. Notes-bibliography style: the basic form
17. Notes-bibliography style : citing specific types of sources
18. Author-date style : the basic form
19. Author-date style : citing specific types of sources.
Part III. Style.
22. Names, special terms, and titles of works
26. Tables and figures
Appendix: Paper format and submission.
- "Portions of this book have been adapted from The Craft of Research, 3rd edition, by Wayne C. Booth, Gregory C. Colomb, and Joseph M. Williams, ©1995, 2003, 2008 by The University of Chicago; and The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition, ©2010 by The University of Chicago"--title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 410-433) and index.
- Booth, Wayne C., editor.
Colomb, Gregory G., editor.
Williams, Joseph M., editor.
- 9780226816371 (cloth : alkaline paper)
0226816370 (cloth : alkaline paper)
9780226816388 (paperback : alkaline paper)
0226816389 (paperback : alkaline paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|