Female burial traditions of the Chalcolithic and early Bronze Age : a pilot study based on modern excavations / Alice Rogers.
- Oxford : Archaeopress, 2013.
- BAR British series ; 581.
BAR British series ; 581
ix, 99 p. : ill., maps ; 30 cm.
- Burial -- Great Britain -- History.
Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Great Britain -- History.
Copper age -- Great Britain.
Bronze age -- Great Britain.
Great Britain -- Antiquities.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Great Britain.
- "This study examines female representation in British Chalcolithic and Early Bronze Age (2500 - 1500 BC) funerary practices. Chronology relating to the burial practices is studied, from large scale change over time through to small scale individual chronologies; looking at age representation. In contrast to previous approaches, this study moves beyond purely looking at the grave goods and instead places greater emphasis upon other features of the burials, such as location, form and method. As a result, the methodology used in this study examines the varied forms of this period's burials, yet still considers them as a unit."--Publisher's web site.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 90-99).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|