Broadside ballads from the Pepys collection : a selection of texts, approaches, and recordings / edited by Patricia Fumerton.
- Tempe, Ariz. : Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, 2012.
- Medieval & Renaissance Texts & Studies (Series). MRTS texts for teaching ; v. 421.
Medieval & Renaissance Texts & Studies (Series)
Medieval & Renaissance Texts & Studies (Series). MRTS texts for teaching
xxiii, 335 p. : ill. ; 27 cm. + 2 sound discs (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Ballads, English -- England -- Texts.
Folk songs, English -- England.
Ballads, English -- England -- History and criticism.
Folk songs, English -- England -- History and criticism.
Broadsides -- England -- Specimens.
Pepys, Samuel, 1633-1703 -- Library.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PC or compatible ; CD-Rom drive ; CD player.
- Accompanying sound disc contains: two CD recordings of the first two stanzas of each selected ballad.
- A teaching edition and guide to the online Pepys Ballad Archive (PBA), conceived as the first phase and companion to EBBA (the online English Broadside Ballad Archive (http://ebba.english.ucsb.edu)). The PBA is the product of a team affiliated with the Early Modern Center of the English Department at the University of California, Santa Barbara with considerable aid from the Department of Music.
A selection of representative ballads from each of Pepys's categories, along with essays explaining some of the features that characterize the categories by which he gathered the ballads, and two CD recordings of the first two stanzas of each selected ballad.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Fumerton, Patricia.
Pepys Ballad Archive (U.S.)
English Broadside Ballad Archive (U.S.)
- 9780866984690 (alk. paper)
0866984690 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|