An essay on truths of importance to the happiness of mankind : wherein the doctrine of oaths, as relative to religious and civil government, is impartially considered / the whole submitted to public examination by the late Rev. Mr. Herport ... ; translated from the German.
- London : Printed for S. Baker and G. Leigh ..., and E. and C. Dilly ..., MDCCLXVIII 
xx, 266,  p. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- tong ene- h.ep wowi (3) 1768 (R)
- Oaths -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Signatures: a⁸ b² B-R⁸ S⁶.
Printed marginal notes.
With an appendix on pages 217 to 266.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has an inscription in black ink at head of t.p. that reads: "Doct. John Fothergil of London. Gift to Samuel Emlen."
Culture Class Collection copy has ms. writing in brown ink on t.p. below inscription that reads: "No. 67."
- Penn Provenance:
- Fothergill, John, 1712-1780 (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Emlen, Samuel (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, T117696
- S. Baker and G. Leigh (London, England), printer.
E. & C. Dilly (Firm), printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
German Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Publisher Number:
- PML 8586
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|