Copy of letters sent to Great Britain, by his Excellency Thomas Hutchinson, the Hon. Andrew Oliver, and several other persons, born and educated among us : Which original letters have been returned to America, and laid before the Honorable House of representatives of this province, in which (notwithstanding His Excellency's declaration to the House, that the tendency and design of them was not to subvert the constitution, but rather to preserve it entire) the judicious reader will discover the fatal source of the confusion and bloodshed in which this province especially has been involved, and which threatned [sic] total destruction to the liberties of all America.
- Other Title:
- Copy of letters sent to Great-Britain, by his Excellency Thomas Hutchinson ...
- Boston : Printed by Edes and Gill, in Queen-Street, 1773.
40,  p. ; 19 cm. (8vo)
- reIt t.he 8.n, THyo (3) 1773 (A)
- Boston Massacre, 1770.
Massachusetts -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Sources.
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Sources.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- In the third state, the errors on p. 5 and 8 have been corrected and the errata statement deleted; catch-word at bottom of p. 10 is "troops." Cf. ESTC.
Signatures: A1 B-E⁴ F⁴( F4 blank).
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has ms. autograph "Wm. Checkley" on first leaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Checkley, William (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans, 12818
- Hutchinson, Thomas, 1711-1780.
Oliver, Andrew, 1706-1774.
Massachusetts. General Court. House of Representatives.
Edes and Gill, printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|