The letters of Governor Hutchinson, and Lieut. Governor Oliver, &c., printed at Boston, and remarks thereon : with the Assembly's address, and the proceedings of the Lords Committee of Council : together with the substance of Mr. Wedderburn's speech relating to those letters, and the report of the Lords Committee to His Majesty in Council.
- The second edition.
- London : Printed for J. Wilkie, at number 71, in St. Paul's Church-Yard, MDCCLXXIV 
, 142 p. ; 20 cm. (8vo)
- lyry dsnd ilim THYo (3) 1774 (R)
- Massachusetts -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Sources.
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Causes.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- A reprint, with extensive additions, of a pamphlet published at Boston in 1773, under title: Copy of letters sent to Great Britain by His Excellency Thomas Hutchinson, the Hon. Andrew Oliver, and several other persons born and educated among us.
The letters of Hutchinson, Oliver and others, written during the years 1767-1769 and addresses to persons in England relate to the disturbances in Massachusetts. Copies of them were obtained by Benjamin Franklin in 1772 and transmitted to the Massachusetts House of Representatives, resulting in the adoption by that body of an address to the king, asking for the removal of Hutchinson and Oliver from office.
Edited by Israel Mauduit.
Signatures: [A]² B-I⁸ K⁸( -K8).
With a half-title.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Ford, P.L. Franklin bibliography, 917
Adams, T.R. Brit. pamphlets, 73-5e
- Hutchinson, Thomas, 1711-1780.
Oliver, Andrew, 1706-1774.
Mauduit, Israel, 1708-1787.
Rosslyn, Alexander Wedderburn, Earl of, 1733-1805.
Wilkie, J. (John), -1785, bookseller.
Great Britain. Privy Council.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|