[Table of integer square roots] [manuscript].
- [Iraq, between 1999 and 1800 B.C.]
1 clay tablet ; 48 x 65 mm.
- Mathematics -- Early works to 1800.
Roots, Numerical -- Early works to 1800.
Sumerian language -- Texts.
Cuneiform tablets -- Specimens.
- Table of numbers whose square roots are integers, in Babylonian sexagesimal notation, on a clay tablet that has been partially baked. A line of text has been lost at the bottom of the obverse, where a chipped area has been smoothed off.
- Ms. inscription.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Inscribed in 24 lines on 2 sides of the tablet.
Script: Inscribed in cuneiform characters.
Origin: Inscribed in southern Mesopotamia in the 20th or 19th century B.C.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, March 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2013.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 34 (LJS 99).
- Cited as:
- LJS 99
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|