[Survey records] [manuscript].
- [Babylonia, between 1799 and 1700 B.C.]
1 clay tablet ; 95 x 97 mm.
- Akkadian language -- Texts.
Mathematics -- Early works to 1800.
Real property -- Iraq -- Babylonia.
Surveying -- Early works to 1800.
Cuneiform tablets -- Specimens.
- Rounded square tablet of unbaked clay with survey information about 3 fields, including dimensions, areas, and locations relative to one another, with an irrigation channel marked by a double line running along the short ends of the fields. The other side of the tablet is very worn, with only traces of inscriptions remaining. Previously broken and repaired.
- Ms. inscription.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Script: Inscribed in cuneiform characters.
Origin: Inscribed in Babylonia in the 18th century B.C.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, May 1999.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2013.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 34-35 (LJS 302).
- Cited as:
- LJS 302
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|