Cultural struggles : performance, ethnography, praxis / Dwight Conquergood ; edited and with a critical introduction by E. Patrick Johnson.
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, 
viii, 336 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Performing arts -- Social aspects.
Ethnology -- Philosophy.
- "The late Dwight Conquergood's research has inspired an entire generation of scholars invested in performance as a meaningful paradigm to understand human interaction, especially between structures of power and the disenfranchised. Conquergood's research laid the groundwork for others to engage issues of ethics in ethnographic research, performance as a meaningful paradigm for ethnography, and case studies that demonstrated the dissolution of theory/practice binaries. Cultural Struggles is the first gathering of Conquergood's work in a single volume, tracing the evolution of one scholar's thinking across a career of scholarship, teaching, and activism, and also the first collection of its kind to bring together theory, method, and complete case studies. The collection begins with an illuminating introduction by E. Patrick Johnson and ends with commentary by other scholars (Micaela di Leonardo, Judith Hamera, Shannon Jackson, D. Soyini Madison, Lisa Merrill, Della Pollock, and Joseph Roach), engaging aspects of Conquergood's work and providing insight into how that work has withstood the test of time, as scholars still draw on his research to inform their current interests and methods"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Johnson, E. Patrick, 1967- editor of compilation.
- 9780472071951 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|