The lone arranger : succeeding in a small repository / by Christina Zamon.
- Chicago : Society of American Archivists, c2012.
iv, 157 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Archives -- United States -- Administration.
Archives -- Collection management -- United States.
Archivists -- United States.
- 1. "What am I doing here?": Administration and management : Getting started ; Evaluating the situation ; Managing your staff, you! ; Creating policies ; Case study: the lone arranger in a local government archives setting / John H. Slate
2. "What is this stuff?": Collections management : Acquisitions ; Appraisal ; Processing collections ; Case study: The Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum / Michelle Ganz ; Working with other institutions
3. "How do I survive in the digital age?": Information technology issues for lone arrangers : Archival collections management systems ; Encoded archival description (EAD) ; Digital assets management systems (DAMS) ; Case study: Getting finding aids online / Tamara Gaydos ; Institutional repositories (IRs) ; Electronic document management systems (EDMS) ; Metadata ; Digitizing collections
4. "How am I going to get my work done?" Fundamental archival programs : Preservation planning ; Internship and volunteer programs ; Case study: Preservation planning for lone arrangers / Jeremy Linden ; Case study: Volunteers in the small nonprofit institution ; Records management ; Case study: An archivist does what? / Russell L. Gasero ; Case study: Creating a records management program at Illinois Wesleyan University / Meg Miner ; Case study: It's who and what you know in managing electronic records / Terry Baxter
5. "Where do I put all of this stuff and keep it safe?": Facilities management and disaster planning : Space planning and management ; Planning a new facility ; Disaster planning ; Case study: The Caterpillar Inc. corporate archives / Nicole L. Thaxton
6. "You want what?": Reference and outreach : Managing reference requests ; Case study: Reference and outreach / Alison Stankrauff ; Internal advocacy and outreach ; Case study: Chorally invited! A case study in outreach / Christina Prucha ; Using social media
7. "How am I going to pay for this?": Budgeting and financing your archives ; Creating and setting up your budget ; Fundraising ; Grant writing ; Development ; Donor relations ; Case study: Managing a grant project with minimal staff / Barbara Austen
Appendices : A. Selected readings ; B. Resources guide.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Society of American Archivists.
9781931666411 (alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|