Downton Abbey. Season 3 [videorecording] / a Carnival Films production ; a Carnival/Masterpiece co-production ; NBC Universal ; written and created by Julian Fellowes ; producer, Liz Trubridge ; executive producers, Gareth Neame, Julian Fellowes, Nigel Marchant.
- Original UK [unedited] ed.; widescreen presentation.
- [London] : Carnival Film & Television Limited ; [Alexandria, VA] : PBS Distribution, c2013.
3 videodiscs (525 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Families -- Great Britain -- Drama.
Household employees -- Great Britain -- Drama.
Social classes -- Great Britain -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Great Britain -- Drama.
Household employees -- England -- Fiction.
Social classes -- England -- Fiction.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Great Britain -- Fiction.
Families -- England -- Fiction.
Country life -- England -- Fiction.
Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 20th century -- Drama.
Country life -- Great Britain -- Drama.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Great Britain -- Drama.
Great Britain -- Drama.
- Motion pictures, Great Britain.
Historical television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Historical television programs.
Fiction television programs.
- In English with optional subtitles in English SDH.
English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1 ; stereo.
digital optical stereo
video file DVD video region 1
- The War is over and a long-awaited engagement is on, but all is not tranquil at Downton Abbey as wrenching social changes, romantic intrigues, and personal crises grip the majestic English country estate. In the wake of World War I, Robert, Earl of Grantham, sticks to his duty to maintain Downton more firmly than ever.
The War is over and a long-awaited engagement is on, but all is not tranquil at Downton Abbey as wrenching social changes, romantic intrigues, and personal crises grip the majestic English country estate for a third thrilling season. In the wake of World War I, Robert, Earl of Grantham, sticks to his duty to maintain Downton more firmly than ever.
- Disc 1. pt. 1. An addition to the family ; The new footman ; Sybil returns home ; Not an ideal situation ; Grandmama arrives ; Quarrel over money ; So happy / director, Brian Percival
pt. 2. The will ; Family time ; Keep tradition going ; Nothing suceeds like excess ; Indoor picnic ; The world is changed / director, Brian Percival
pt. 3. Letter from a dead man ; Picnic at Eryholme ; Edith's day ; Joint masters ; An errand / director, Andy Goddard
Disc 2. pt. 4. No news ; Big dinner ; On the run ; Ethel's choice ; What now? ; Women's rights / director, Andy Goddard
pt. 5. False alarm ; The proof was out there ; Dinner is suspended ; Carry on ; Testing times are coming / director, Jeremy Webb
pt. 6. Is it over? ; Wretchedly unhappy ; Never take anything for granted ; Lie if you have to ; The world isn't going your way ; Marital harmony / director, Jeremy Webb
pt. 7. Welcome back ; A favor ; A secret ; Dual monarchy ; A christening present / director, David Evans
Disc 3. pt. 8. Bad reference ; The best I can do ; The blue dragon ; An expensive journey ; Don't shoot the messenger ; A real choice ; The cricket game / director, David Evans
pt. 9. A journey to the Highlands: trip to Scotland ; Welcome to the Highlands ; We all miss her ; In need of a wife ; Part of the family ; At the fair ; The Gillies' Ball ; We've done our duty / director, Andy Goddard.
- Hugh Bonneville, Jessica Brown Findlay, Laura Carmichael, Jim Carter, Brendan Coyle, Michelle Dockery, Kevin Doyle, Siobhan Finneran, Joanne Froggatt, Rob James-Collier, Allen Leech, Phyllis Logan, Elizabeth McGovern, Sophie McShera, Matt Milne, Lesley Nicol, Amy Nuttall, Maggie Smith, Dan Stevens, Penelope Wilton, Shirley MacLaine.
- Executive producers, Gareth Neame, Julian Fellowes, Nigel Marchant.
- Originally produced as a British television series in 2012.
Includes A journey to the Highlands, the season 3 finale.
Special features : Disc 1. Downton Abbey, behind the drama -- Disc 3. Downton in 1920 ; The wedding of Lady Mary ; The wedding of Lady Edith ; The men of Downton Abbey ; Shirley MacLaine at Downton ; Behind the scenes (the cricket match, a journey to the highlands).
Bonus features: Downton Abbey, Behind the drama; Shirley MacLaine at Downton; The men of Downton; Downton in 1920, more.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Miller Fund bookplate.
- Percival, Brian. , Director
Goddard, Andy. , Director
Webb, Jeremy, 1972- , Director
Evans, David. , Director
Trubridge, Liz. , Producer
Neame, Gareth. , Producer
Marchant, Nigel. , Producer
Fellowes, Julian. , Creator, Screenwriter, Producer
Bonneville, Hugh. , Actor
Findlay, Jessica Brown, 1989- , Actor
Carmichael, Laura, 1986- , Actor
Carter, Jim, 1948- , Actor
Coyle, Brendan. , Actor
Dockery, Michelle, 1981- , Actor
Doyle, Kevin, 1961- , Actor
Finneran, Siobhan, 1967- , Actor
Frogatt, Joanne, 1979- , Actor
James-Collier, Rob. , Actor
Leech, Allen. , Actor
Logan, Phyllis. , Actor
MacLaine, Shirley, 1934- , Actor
McGovern, Elizabeth, 1961- , Actor
McShera, Sophie. , Actor
Milne, Matt, 1990- , Actor
Nicol, Lesley, 1953- , Actor
Nuttall, Amy, 1982- , Actor
Smith, Maggie, 1934- , Actor
Stevens, Dan, 1982- , Actor
Wilton, Penelope, 1946- , Actor
Carnival Films (Great Britain). , Producer
Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.) , Producer
NBC Universal Television. , Producer
PBS Distribution (Firm) , Distributor
Carmichael, Laura. , Actor
MacLaine, Shirley, 1934-
Carnival Films (Great Britain)
PBS Distribution (Firm)
6314863996 : DVD
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|