American wood type, 1828-1900; notes on the evolution of decorated and large types and comments on related trades of the period. Rob Roy Kelly.
- Other Title:
- Wood type, 1828-1900.
- New York, Cincinnati, Toronto, Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 
350 p. illustrations, portraits 32 cm.
- Type and type-founding -- United States -- History.
Type and type-founding -- Wood type -- History.
Printing -- United States -- History.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
United States Ohio Cincinnati.
- Evolution f display types
The wood type industry in America during the 19th century
Wood type manufacture
Competition among the wood type manufacturers
Wood type styles
Chronological development of the wood type styles
Competition among the related trades
Epilogue to the wood types.
- "A Van Nostrand Reinhold Book."--Dust jacket.
"Designed by Rob Roy Kelly."--T.p. verso.
"Notes on the evolution of decorated and large types. 106 complete alphabets of wood type."--Dust jacket.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 337-342) and index.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has clipping of woodtype advertisement from the New Yorker June 1976 laid in.
Tehon Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Susan Tehon.
Tehon Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
Tehon, Susan (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Atha Tehon Thiras Art and Design Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|