56 up / produced by Claire Lewis, Michael Apted ; directed by Michael Apted ; executive producer, Alexander Gardiner.
- Other Title:
- Fifty-six up [videorecording]
- Educational/non-theatrical version ; widescreen presentation.
- [London, England] : ITV Studios Ltd ; New York, New York : First Run Features, 
- Apted, Michael. Up series.
1 videodisc (ca. 144 min.) : sound, color with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Middle-aged persons -- Great Britain -- Attitudes.
Adulthood -- Longitudinal studies.
Life cycle, Human -- Case studies.
Maturation (Psychology) -- Case studies.
Developmental psychology -- Great Britain -- Case studies.
Children -- Great Britain -- Longitudinal studies.
Child development -- Case studies.
Generations -- Great Britain -- Case studies.
Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 1945-
- Documentary films.
Documentary television programs.
- System Details:
- DVD ; NTSC format, region 1 ; stereo.
- "The latest instalment of ITV's landmark documentary series returns to visit the people whose lives have been followed since they were just seven-years-old. The original '7 Up' was broadcast in 1964 as a one-off World in Action Special featuring children chosen from different backgrounds to talk about their hopes and dreams for the future. The series was inspired by World in Action founder editor Tim Hewat's interest in both the saying: "Give me the child until he is seven and I will show you the man," and the rigid class system of 1960s Britain. 7 Up set out to discover whether or not the children's lives were pre-determined by their background. Director Michael Apted, who has since moved to Hollywood to direct films including 'The World Is Not Enough', 'The Chronicles of Narnia' and 'Gorillas in the Mist', has returned every seven years to chart the children's progress through life."--itv.com. Now they are 56 years old.
Suzy and Nick
John and Andrew
- Interviewer, Michael Apted ; interviews with: Bruce Balden, Jacqueline Bassett, Symon Basterfield, Andrew Brackfield, John Brisby, Suzanne Dewey, Nicholas Hitchon, Neil Hughes, Lynn Johnson, Paul Kligerman, Susan Sullivan, Tony Walker, Peter Davies.
- Directors of photography, George Jesse Turner, Kathryn Milliss ; film editor, Kim Horton.
- A First Run Features release.
Originally broadcast in the UK on ITV as a documentary television special, premiering on May 14, 2012.
Incorrect running time on container: 138 min.
Special features: Roger Ebert interview with Michael Apted; biographies; photo gallery; filmmaker's statement; previews of other films.
- Apted, Michael. , Director, Producer, Interviewer
Lewis, Claire. , Producer
Balden, Bruce. , Interviewee
Bassett, Jacqueline. , Interviewee
Basterfield, Symon. , Interviewee
Ebert, Roger. , Interviewee
ITV Studios. , Producer
First-Run Features (Firm) , Producer
- Publisher Number:
FRF915380D First Run Features
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|