Cultural considerations : essays on readers, writers, and musicians in postwar America / Joan Shelley Rubin.
- Amherst : University of Massachusetts Press, 
vii, 197 pages ; 24 cm
- American literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Literature and society -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Introduction: Cultural history in practice
The genteel tradition at large
The scholar and the world: academic humanists and general readers in postwar America
Repossessing the Cozzens-MacDonald imbroglio: middlebrow authorship, critical authority, and autonomous readers in postwar America
The composer as a reader: poetry, music, and the politics of a neglected genre
Ideology and practice in the career of Robert Shaw
Gunther Schuller: the musician as mediator
Conclusion: The enduring reader.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781625340146 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1625340141 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9781625340139 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1625340133 (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|