Children, media and playground cultures : ethnographic studies of school playtimes / Rebekah Willett ... [et al.].
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire : Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- Studies in childhood and youth.
Studies in childhood and youth
xi, 268 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Mass media and children -- Great Britain.
Play -- Great Britain.
- Play, media and children's playground cultures / Jackie Marsh, Chris Richards
An overview of games and activities on two primary school playgrounds / Rebekah Willett
Children as researchers / Jackie Marsh, Chris Richards
Framing and interpreting children's play / Chris Richards
Reasons for rhythm : multimodal perspectives on musical play / Julia C. Bishop, Andrew Burn
Computer games on the playground : ludic systems, dramatised narrative and virtual embodiment / Andrew Burn
Superheroes, naughty mums and witches : pretend family play among 7- to 10-year-olds / Rebekah Willett
Agonistic scenarios / Chris Richards
Parody, homage and dramatic performances / Jackie Marsh, Julia C. Bishop
Conclusion : forms, functions and the ethnographic challenge / Andrew Burn, Chris Richards.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 244-260) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Willett, Rebekah.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|