Have you heard from Johannesburg. [Part 5], From Selma to Soweto [videorecording] / Clarity Films presents ; a Connie Field film ; produced and directed by Connie Field ; written by Ken Chowder, Connie Field, Gregory Scharpen.
- Other Title:
- From Selma to Soweto [videorecording]
Have you heard from Johannesburg. Story 5, From Selma to Soweto, 1977-1986 [videorecording]
- Anamorphic widescreen.
- [Berkeley, CA] : Clarity Educational Productions, c2010.
1 videodisc (ca. 89 min.) : sd., col. with b&w seq. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Apartheid -- South Africa -- History.
Anti-apartheid activists -- United States.
Anti-apartheid movements -- South Africa.
South Africa -- Foreign relations -- United States.
United States -- Foreign relations -- South Africa.
- Documentary films.
Documentary television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, all regions [i.e.: Regions 1-9]; stereo audio.
- Long one of South Africa's most important and powerful allies, the United States becomes a key battleground in the anti-apartheid movement as African-Americans lead the charge to change the government's policy toward the apartheid regime. Strengthened through years of grassroots organizing during the civil rights movement, black leaders and their allies take on U.S. foreign policy on South Africa, directing campaigns in corporate boardrooms, universities, embassies, and finally in the U.S. Congress itself, where a stunning victory is won against the formidable opposition of President Ronald Reagan. African-Americans alter U.S. foreign policy for the first time in history, and the U.S., once the backbone of support for apartheid South Africa as its ally in the Cold War, finally imposes sanctions on Pretoria. European sanctions follow, and with them, the political isolation of the apartheid regime.
- Narrator: Awele Makeba.
- Cinematographer, Tom Hurwitz; editors, Gregory Scharpen, Jeffrey Stephens.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2010, along with the shorter version which was one episode of the documentary television series.
Special features: 56-minute version, five additional scenes, web trailer.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Field, Connie. , Screenwriter, Director, Producer
Chowder, Ken. , Screenwriter
Scharpen, Gregory. , Screenwriter
Makeba, Awele. , Narrator
Clarity Films (Firm) , Producer, Distributor
Clarity Educational Productions. , Producer, Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|