Worker health and safety on offshore wind farms / Committee on Offshore Wind Farm Worker Safety, Transportation Research Board.
- Other records:
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2013.
- Special report (National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board) ; 310.
Special report (National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board)
- Government document
xvi, 158 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Offshore wind power plants -- Employees -- Health and hygiene -- United States.
Offshore wind power plants -- United States -- Safety measures.
Offshore wind power plants -- Safety regulations -- United States.
Wind power generation.
- "TRB Special Report 310: Worker Health and Safety on Offshore Wind Farms examines the hazards and risks to workers on offshore wind farms on the outer continental shelf as compared with the hazards and risks to workers on offshore oil and gas operations. The report explores gaps and overlaps in jurisdictional authority for worker health and safety on offshore wind farms and evaluates the adequacy of--and recommends enhancements to--the existing safety management system (SMS) requirement published in 30 CFR 585.810. The study committee recommends that the U.S. Department of the Interior's Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) adopt a full SMS rule for workers on offshore wind farms at a level of detail that includes the baseline elements identified in this report. An enhanced SMS rule should require the use of human factors engineering elements in the design process and should encompass all activities that the lessee and its contractors undertake. In collaboration with other regulatory agencies and industry stakeholders, BOEM should clearly define roles and responsibilities and indicate which standards could apply for all phases of wind farm development, regardless of jurisdiction. Also, with the help of stakeholders, BOEM should support the development of guidelines and recommended practices that could be used as guidance documents or adopted by referen"-Provided by publisher.
Hazards of wind farms
Jurisdiction over and regulation of worker health and safety
Regulations and best practices addressing unique offshore wind farm worker safety and health hazards
Enhancing health and safety through safety management systems and design
Findings and recommendations
Study committee biographical information.
- National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|