Utopia London [videorecording] / a film by Tom Cordell ; directed by Tom Cordell; produced by Tom Cordell and Niamh J. Walsh.
- Institutional ed.
- [London] : Utopia London, c2010.
1 videodisc (82 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 DVD-ROM (sd., col. 4 3/4 in.).
- Achitecture, Modern -- England -- London -- 20th century.
Modern movement (Architecture) -- England -- London.
Buildings -- England -- London -- History -- 20th century.
City planning -- England -- London -- History -- 20th century.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD, PAL.
System requirements for accompanying DVD-ROM:PC or Mac OS running Safari web browser for full functionality.
- "There was a time when London united around the vision of a better future. A group of young idealists were fusing science and art to build an egalitarian city. This documentary is their story. Their architecture fused William Morris with urban high-rise; ancient parkland with concrete. Today these buildings remain as relics of their discarded dreams. Follow the film maker's journey through the city where he grew up, meeting the architects who designed it and reuniting them with the buildings they created. It shows how their work once revolutionised life in the city, and how today it can inspire an optimistic vision of the future."--Container.
- Disk 1. 82 minute feature DVD
disk 2. 460 minutes of searchable additional interview materials.
- Editor, Tom Cordell.
- Videodisc release of a documentary film produced in 2010.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Cordell, Tom. , Director, Editor, Producer
Walsh, Niamh J. , Producer
Utopia London (Firm) , Producer, Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|