Who Killed Vincent Chin? [videorecording] / Filmakers Library, Inc. presents ; a production of Film News Now Foundation & WTVS Detroit ; producer, Renee Tajima ; director, Christine Choy.
- New York : Filmakers Library, 
1 videodisc (83 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Chin, Vincent, -1982.
Murder -- Michigan -- Detroit.
Racism -- Michigan -- Detroit.
United States -- Race relations -- 20th century.
Chinese Americans -- Civil rights.
Civil rights -- United States.
Crime -- United States.
Criminals -- United States.
- Documentary films.
- English and Chinese, with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD ; may fail to play on some DVD equipment.
- A film about the circumstances and aftermath of the baseball bat murder of 27-year-old Vincent Chin outside a Detroit bar in 1982. Outraged at the suspended sentence given to Ron Ebens and Michael Nitz, convicted in Chin's death, the Asian-American community organized an unprecedented civil rights protest to successfully bring Ebens and Nitz up for retriall. This film explores issues of racism and the loss of blue-collar jobs.
- Persons interviewed: Ronald Ebens, Michael Nitz, Lily F. Chin, et al.
- Editor, Holly Fisher ; cinematography, Christine Choy, et al.
- Originally produced as a documentary motion picture in 1988.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1932 Fund.
- Choy, Christine. , Director
Tajima-Pena, Renee. , Producer
Fisher, Holly. , Editor
Ebens, Ronald. , Interviewee
Nitz, Michael. , Interviewee
Chin, Lily F. , Interviewee
Filmakers Library, inc. , Producer
Film News Now Foundation. , Producer
WTVS-TV (Television station : Detroit, Mich.) , Producer
Class of 1932 Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|