Chisholm '72 [videorecording] : unbought & unbossed / Lantern Lane Entertainment presents a Realside Production produced in association with P.O.V./American Documentary, Inc., Independent Television Service, National Black Programming Consortium with funding provided by Corporation for Public Broadcasting, a Rock the Vote Film partner ; director & producer, Shola Lynch ; producer, Phil Bertelsen.
- Other Title:
- Chisholm, unbought and unbossed [videorecording]
Unbought & unbossed [videorecording]
Unbought and unbossed [videorecording]
Chisholm seventy two [videorecording]
Chisholm 1972 [videorecording]
- Widescreen ed.
- Beverly Hills, Calif. : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2004.
1 videodisc (77 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005.
Political campaigns -- United States -- 20th century.
Presidential candidates -- United States -- 20th century.
African American politicians -- 20th century.
Women politicians -- United States -- 20th century.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1969-1974.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional subtitles in English and Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital.
- This documentary follows the 1972 campaign waged by Shirley Chisholm, the first African-American woman to run for a major party's nomination for United States President. Chisholm first made her mark on American political history when, in 1968, she became the first African-American woman elected to Congress, representing New York.
- The Chisholm trail begins
Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm
Perceptions of black women
The trail gest tough
- Interviews with: Shirley Chisholm, Barbara Lee, Sandra Gaines, Ronald Dellums, Shirley Downs, Jacqueline Ceballos, Susan Brownmiller, Victor Robles, Muriel Forde, Conrad Chisholm, Robert Gottlieb, Paula Giddings, Tom Asher, James Richardson, Jules Witcover, Walter Fauntroy, Amiri Baraka, Octavia Butler, Arlie Scott, Bella Abzug, Carolyn Smith, Bobby Seale, Wilson Riles.
- Director of photography, Sandi Sissel ; editors, Sam Pollard, Sikay Tang ; music composer, Barry Eastmond.
- Widescreen version presented in letterbox format.
- Lynch, Shola. , Director, Producer
Bertelsen, Phil. , Producer
Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005 , Interviewee
Lee, Barbara. , Interviewee
Gaines, Sandra. , Interviewee
Dellums, Ronald V., 1935-2018 , Interviewee
Downs, Shirley. , Interviewee
Eastmond, Barry. , Composer
Sissel, Sandi. , Cinematographer
Lantern Lane Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
REALside (Firm) , Producer
American Documentary, Inc. , Producer
Independent Television Service. , Producer
National Black Programming Consortium. , Producer
Corporation for Public Broadcasting. , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
- 024543165583 00
2226558 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|