Narrative counseling [electronic resource] : constructing a life in the helping professions. (Session 3 of 3).
- Other Title:
- APA PsycTHERAPY.
- [Washington, D.C.] : American Psychological Association, 2011.
1 streaming video file (35 min., 28 sec.)
- Vocational guidance -- Psychological aspects.
Social service -- Vocational guidance.
- Medical subjects:
- Vocational Guidance.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Counseling psychologist Mark L. Savickas conducts the third of three sessions with a Caucasian female college graduate. The presenting issue was the client's choice of occupation among the health professions as well as her uncertainty about balancing her career and her relationship with her boyfriend. From a constructivist narrative counseling approach, Dr. Savickas consolidates the work of the previous sessions and assists the client in furthering her conceptualization of herself as a helping professional. He works with the client's newly obtained information about an advanced degree program and encourages her to differentiate between two programs of interest between these. Through reflection on the course of the therapy, the therapist validates the client's work in developing her life story. He attends to both practical and motivational aspects in planning next steps in her education, training, and career and touches on the ways in which she will continue that story in her relationships and family life.
- Savickas, Mark, 1947-
American Psychological Association. , Distributor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|