For Whom the Bell Tolls. By Ernest Hemingway.
- New York, Charles Scribner's Sons, 1940.
, 471,  p. 22 cm.
- Spain -- History -- Civil War, 1936-1939 -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- With half-title.
"Copyright, 1940, by Ernest Hemingway."
Quotation on p.  from Donne's seventeenth Meditation in "Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions," written in 1624.
Hemingway's longest work.
Textured beige cloth with the author's signature stamped in black on front cover. Stamped in black on spine on red block
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has bookseller's ticket on back pastedown: "Intimate Bookshop ... Washington, D.C. ...".
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has signature on front flyleaf: "Lroudseu 1941".
- Penn Provenance:
- Mendenhall, John C. (bookplate) (donor) (Singer-Mendenhall copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|