The practice of nursing research : appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence / Susan K. Grove, Nancy Burns, Jennifer Gray.
- 7th ed.
- St. Louis, Mo. : Elsevier/Saunders, c2013.
xvi, 732 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Nursing -- Research -- Methodology.
- Medical subjects:
- Nursing Research -- methods.
- Learn how to properly evaluate and use existing research data and how to conduct your own original research. This authoritative text provides a comprehensive foundation for appraisal, synthesis, and generation of research evidence for clinical nursing practice. This new edition also features enhanced coverage of the research methods most applicable to evidence-based practice (outcomes research, intervention research, and translational research), along with a significant increase in the coverage of qualitative research methodologies.
- Discovering the world of nursing research
Evolution of research in building evidence-based nursing practice
Introduction to quantitative research
Introduction to qualitative research
Research problem and purpose
Review of relevant literature
Objectives, questions, hypotheses, and study variables
Ethics in research
Understanding quantitative research design
Selecting a quantitative research design
Qualitative research methodology
Measurement methods used in developing evidence-based practice
Critical appraisal of nursing studies
Evidence synthesis and strategies for evidence-based practice
Collecting and managing data
Introduction to statistical analysis
Using statistics to describe variables
Using statistics to examine relationships
Using statistics to predict
Using statistics to determine differences
Interpreting research outcomes
Disseminating research findings
Writing research proposals
Seeking funding for research.
- Nancy Burns is first named author on previous edition.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Charles Wendell David Library Fund.
- Burns, Nancy, Ph. D.
Gray, Jennifer, 1955-
Charles Wendell David Library Fund.
- 9781455707362 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|