The Blackwell companion to the sociology of families [electronic resource] / edited by Jacqueline L. Scott, Judith K. Treas, and Martin Richards.
- Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., c2004.
- Blackwell companions to sociology ; 9.
Blackwell companions to sociology ; 9
1 online resource (xxv, 596 p.) : ill.
- Families -- Research.
- pt. I. Families in a global world. 1. Globalization and western bias in family sociology / Don Edgar
2. Changing European families: trends and issues / Kathleen Kiernan
3. Recent demographic trends in the US and implications for well-being / Sinikka Elliott, Debra Umberson
4. Children, families, states, and changing citizenship / Hilary Land
5. Families and local communities / Graham Crow, Catherine Maclean
pt. II. Life-course perspectives on the family. 6. Generations, the life course, and family change / J. Beth Mabry, Roseann Giarrusso, Vern L. Bengtson
7. Children's families / Jacqueline Scott
8. Aging and the life course / Chris Phillipson, Graham Allan
9. Parenting practices / Duane F. Alwin
10. Time, through the life course, in the family / Jonathan Gershuny
pt. III. Inequality and diversity. Inequality and the family / Philip N. Cohen, Danielle MacCartney
12. Families of the poor / Robert Walker, Claire Collins
13. Social capital and the family / Frank F. Furstenberg, Sarah B. Kaplan
14. Family, the state, and health care: changing roles in the new century / Ronald J. Angel, Jacqueline L. Angel
15. Immigrant families in the US / Karen Pyke
16. Immigrant families in the UK / Alison Shaw
pt. IV. Changing family forms and relationships. 17. Religion, romantic love, and the family / Bryan S. Turner
18. Trends in the formation and dissolution of couples / Joanne J. Paetsch ... ... [et al.]
19. Children, families, and divorce / Jan Pryor, Liz Trinder
20. The lesbian and gay family / Jeffrey Weeks, Brian Heaphy, Catherine Donovam [sic, i.e. Donovan]
21. Couples and their networks / Eric Widmer
22. Men in families and households / David H.J. Morgan
pt. V. Changing social contexts. 23. Sex and family: changes and challenges / Judith Treas
24. Feminism and the family / Michelle Budig
25. Work and families / Shirley Dex
26. Public policy and families / Wendy Sigle-Rushton, Catherine Kenney
27. Assisted reproduction, genetic technologies, and family life / Martin Richards
28. Families in a runaway world / Ulrich Beck, Elisabeth Beck-Gernsheim.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -583) and index.
Description based on print version record.
Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. Available via World Wide Web.
- Scott, Jacqueline L.
Richards, Martin, 1940 Jan. 26-
Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Blackwell companion to the sociology of families.
- 9780470998991 (electronic bk.)
0470998997 (electronic bk.)
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.