The Blackwell companion to social inequalities [electronic resource] / edited by Mary Romero and Eric Margolis.
- Malden, MA : Blackwell, 2005.
- Blackwell companions to sociology.
Blackwell companions to sociology
1 online resource (xiv, 612 p.) : ill.
List of Figures
List of Tables
Notes on Contributors
PART I. CONCEPTUALIZING INEQUALITIES
1. Historical Perspectives on Inequality
2. Social Exclusion: New Inequality Paradigm for the Era of Globalization?
3. Unequal Nations: Race, Citizen, and the Politics of Recognition
4. Intimate Citizenship in an Unjust World
5. Domination, Resistance, and Subjectivity
PART II. EPISTEMOLOGY, METHOD, AND INEQUALITY
6. Conceptualizing a Critical Race Theory in Sociology
7. Environmental Racism: Inequality in a Toxic World
8. Labor-market Inequality: Intersections of Gender, Race, and Class
9. What Counts? Definition, Measurement, and Legitimacy in Studies of Homelessness
PART III. FAMILY, COMMUNITY, AND EDUCATION
10. Children and Inequality
11. Parenting and Inequality
12. Migrant Networks: a Summary and Critique of Relational Approaches to International Migration
13. Race, Education, and Inequality
PART IV. POLICY RESPONSES TO INEQUALITIES
14. Beyond Dependency: Welfare States and the Configuration of Social Inequality
15. Inequalities, Crime, and Citizenship
16. Disability and Social Inequalities
17. The Culture of Medicine and Racial, Ethnic, and Class Disparities in Healthcare
18. The Nervous Gaze: Backpacking in Africa
19. Origins and Contours of the Population Debate: Inequality, Population Politics, and NGOs
PART V. MEDIA, TECHNOLOGY, AND INEQUALITIES
20. Selling Images of Inequality: Hollywood Cinema and the Reproduction of Racial and Gender Stereotypes
21. In the Shadow of Cultural Imperialism: Television and National Identities in the Era of Globalization
22. Minding the Cyber-gap: the Internet and Social Inequality
23. New Global Technologies of Power: Cybernetic Capitalism and Social Inequality
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on print version record.
- Romero, Mary.
Margolis, Eric, 1947-
Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Blackwell companion to social inequalities.
- 1405152060 (electronic bk.)
9781405152068 (electronic bk.)
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.