Disney's best [videorecording] : the fabulous '50s / Walt Disney Productions ; produced by Walt Disney.
- Other Title:
- Fabulous '50s
- Limited gold ed.
- Burbank, CA : Walt Disney Home Video, c1984.
- Cartoon classics.
1 videocassette (49 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Lion -- Drama.
Sheep -- Drama.
Butler, Ellis Parker, 1869-1937 -- Film adaptations.
Guinea pigs -- Drama.
Freight and freightage -- Classification -- Drama.
Musical instruments -- History -- Drama.
Music -- History -- Drama.
Bible. Genesis, VI, 9-XI, 32. -- Film adaptations.
- Animated films.
- Place of Publication:
- United States California Burbank (Los Angeles County).
- System Details:
- VHS, NTSC, Region 1; monaural (Lambert, the sheepish lion, Pigs is pigs, Noah's ark); stereo (Toot, whistle, plunk and boom).
- (Lambert, the sheepish lion) The stork misdelivers a lion cub to an ovine mom.
(Pigs is pigs) The shipping rate for pigs is four cents higher a head for pigs than it is for pets, which causes two strong wills to clash at the freight depot.
(Toot, whistle, plunk and boom) "A crash course on the history of western musical instruments."--IMDb website.
(Noah's ark) The old, old story, with special attention given to one troublesome pair of shipmates, Mr. and Mrs. Hippo.
- Lambert, the sheepish lion / directed by Jack Hannah ; story by Bill Peet ... [et al.]
Pigs is pigs / directed by Jack Kinney ; story by Leon Salkin
Toot, whistle, plunk and boom / directors Ward Kimball, Charles A. Nichols ; story by Dick Heumer
Noah's ark / directed by Bill Justice ; story by T. Hee.
- (Lambert, the sheepish lion) Narrator, Sterling Holloway; voices, June Foray.
(Pigs is pigs) Narrator, Gary Owens; voices, Bill Thompson, the Mellomen.
(Toot, whistle, plunk and boom) Voices, the Mellomen.
(Noah's ark) Narrator, Jerome Courtland; voices, Paul Frees, James MacDonald.
- (Lambert, the sheepish lion) Music, Joseph Dubin; animators, Eric Larson ... [et al.].
(Pigs is pigs) Music, Oliver Wallace; animator, John Sibley.
(Toot, whistle, plunk and boom) Music, Joseph Dubin; animators, Xavier Atencio ... [et al.].
(Noah's ark) Music, George Bruns, Mel Leven; animators, Xavier Atencio, Bill Justice.
- Videocassette release of four short animated films produced in 1951 (Lambert, the sheepish lion), 1953 (Toot, whistle, plunk and boom), 1954 (Pigs is pigs) and 1959 (Noah's ark).
Pigs is pigs is based on Pigs is pigs / by Ellis Parker Butler. Noah's ark is based on Genesis, books 6-9.
Special feature: introduction with rare film footage of Walt Disney.
Aspect ratio 1.37:1 (Lambert, the sheepish lion, Pigs is pigs, and Noah's ark); 2.35:1 (Toot, whistle, plunk and boom).
- Penn Provenance:
- Rothman, Steven D. (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Disney, Walt, 1901-1966 , Producer
Hannah, Jack. , Director
Peet, Bill. , Screenwriter
Holloway, Sterling. , Narrator
Foray, June. , Actor
Dubin, Joseph. , Composer
Larson, Eric. , Animator
Kinney, Jack. , Director
Salkin, Leo. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Owens, Gary. , Narrator
Thompson, Bill. , Actor
Wallace, Oliver, 1887-1963 , Composer
Sibley, John. , Animator
Butler, Ellis Parker, 1869-1937. ,
Kimball, Ward. , Director
Nichols, Charles, 1910-1992. , Director
Huemer, Dick, 1898-1979. , Screenwriter
Atencio, Xavier. , Animator
Justice, Bill. , Director, Animator
Hee, Thornton. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Courtland, Jerome, 1926- , Narrator
Frees, Paul. , Actor
MacDonald, James. , Actor
Bruns, George. , Composer
Leven, Mel. , Composer
Mellomen (Musical group) , Actor
Walt Disney Productions. , Producer
Walt Disney Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
Steven Rothman Collection of Comics, Cartoons, and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Lambert, the sheepish lion [videorecording]
Pigs is pigs [videorecording]
Toot, whistle, plunk and boom [videorecording]
Noah's ark [videorecording]
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|