Les hommes du port [videorecording] ; Une ville à Chandigarh / Alain Tanner.
- Other Title:
- Men of the port [videorecording]
City at Chandigarh [videorecording]
- [Widescreen presentation (first film)].
- [Ennetbaden,] Switzerland : Trigon-Film, 2006.
- Trigon-Film DVD-edition ; 61.
Trigon-Film DVD-edition ; 61
1 videodisc (64, 54 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Stevedores -- Italy -- Genoa.
Genoa (Italy) -- Economic conditions.
Genoa (Italy) -- Social conditions.
City planning -- India -- Chandīgarh.
Le Corbusier, 1887-1965.
Tanner, Alain -- Interviews.
- Documentary films.
- In French and Italian (1st film) and in French (2nd film); optional subtitles in English, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish (both films).
- System Details:
- DVD, PAL, Region 0; monaural (second film); playable on most computer media systems.
- In Les hommes du port, Alain Tanner returns to the port city of Genoa where he had worked for a shipping company 40 years before. He shows the world of the dockworker, a trade that has changed through the years as a result of recessions and modernization. Although Genoa is still beautiful, the port is dying as it reflects the economic and social climate in Italy. In Une ville à Chandigarh, Tanner documents the planning of Chandigarh, the modern city that Le Corbusier created in the early 1950s at the foothills of the Himalayas in India. This planned community, with its large residential complexes, university and municipal buildings, is contrasted against life in the impoverished villages that surround it.
- Les hommes du port = Men of the port / Les Films du Cyclope ; Pierre-Alain Meier ; Thelma Films ; written and directed by Alain Tanner (1995) (64 min.)
Une ville à Chandigarh = A city at Chandigarh / written and directed by Alain Tanner (1966) (54 min.).
- Cinematography, Denis Jutzeler; editing, Monica Goux; music by Arvo Pärt (1st film).
- Title from disc surface.
Videodisc release of two documentary motion pictures, produced in 1995 (first film) and 1966 (second film).
Special feature: an interview with Alain Tanner.
Aspect ratio 1.75:1 (1st film) and 1.33:1 (second film).
- Tanner, Alain. , Director
Meier, Pierre-Alain. , Producer
Jutzeler, Denis. , Cinematographer
Goux, Monica. , Editor
Pärt, Arvo. , Composer
Films du Cyclope (Firm) , Producer
Thelma Film AG. , Producer
Trigon-Film. , Distributor
- Ville à Chandigarh [videorecording]
- Publisher Number:
DVD-Edition 61 Trigon-Film
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|