Bhārat ki chhāp. 8, Synthesis and growth, 1200 to 1600 [videorecording] / presented by National Council for Science and Technology Communication, Department of Science & Technology ; produced by Comet Project at Nehru Center ; director, Chandita Mukherjee ; screenplay, Suhas Paranjape.
- Other Title:
- Bhārata ki chhāpa. 8, Synthesis and growth, 1200 to 1600 [videorecording]
Synthesis and growth, 1200 to 1600 [videorecording]
- Bombay : Comet Project, Topiwala Lane School, 
1 videocassette (approximately 52 min.) : sd., color ; 1/2 in.
- Akbar, Emperor of Hindustan, 1542-1605.
Feudalism -- India -- History.
Portuguese -- India -- History.
Agriculture -- India -- History.
Horticultural crops -- India -- History.
Handicraft -- India -- History.
Textile fabrics -- India -- History.
Artisans -- India -- History.
Vijayanagar (Empire) -- History.
India -- History -- 1000-1765.
India -- Civilization.
Science -- India -- History.
Science -- Social aspects -- India -- History.
Technology -- India -- History.
Technology -- Social aspects -- India -- History.
- Educational films.
- In Hindi with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- A film series on the history of science and technology on the Indian subcontinent from pre-history to the present. This eighth episode describes society prior to the Turk and Afghan migrations. In the Sultanate period and later, feudalism became more deeply entranched, however the peasants and artisans were open to technological innovation. By the 16th century, the Portuguese founded their trading posts and missionaries carried out botanical studies and introduced the printing press. In the South there flourished the kingdom of Vijayanagar. Under Akbar the emerging cultural synthesis reached new heights with an explosion of exquisite crafts. The nobility encouraged horticulture and introduced many exotic fruits, even as India became renowned for its textiles.
- Music, K. Narayanon, Shrichar Phadke.
- Mukherjee, Chandita. , Director
Paranjape, Suhas. , Screenwriter
Phadke, Shrichar. , Composer
Narayanon, K. , Composer
National Council for Science & Technology Communication (India). Department of Science and Technology. , Producer
Comet Project (Bombay, India) , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|