Who asked you? / Terry McMillan.
- New York : Viking, 
, 385,  pages ; 24 cm
- African American women -- Fiction.
Dysfunctional families -- Fiction.
FICTION / African American / Contemporary Women.
FICTION / Contemporary Women.
FICTION / Family Life.
- Domestic fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- "With her wise, wry, and poignant novels of families and friendships--Waiting to Exhale, Getting to Happy, and A Day Late and a Dollar Short among them--Terry McMillan has touched millions of readers. Now, in her eighth novel, McMillan gives exuberant voice to characters who reveal how we live now--at least as lived in a racially diverse Los Angeles neighborhood. Who Asked You? opens as Trinetta leaves her two young sons with her mother, Betty Jean, and promptly disappears. BJ, a trademark McMillan heroine, already has her hands full dealing with her other adult children, two opinionated sisters, an ill husband, and her own postponed dreams--all while holding down a job as a hotel maid. Her son Dexter is about to be paroled from prison; Quentin, the family success, can't be bothered to lend a hand; and taking care of two lively grandsons is the last thing BJ thinks she needs. The drama unfolds through the perspectives of a rotating cast of characters, pitch-perfect, each playing a part, and full of surprises"-- Provided by publisher.
- I. You Go First
II. How You Carry It
III. Clear the Water.
- "Jacket design: Jaya Miceli. Jacket art: MVM."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has  pages of discussion questions laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9780670785698 (hardback) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|