7th heaven [videorecording] / William Fox presents ; Frank Borzage production ; directed by Frank Borzage.
- Other Title:
- Seventh heaven [videorecording]
- Beverly Hills, Calif. : Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, 2008.
- Murnau, Borzage and Fox.
Murnau, Borzage and Fox
1 videodisc (119 min.) : si., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Tupper, Tristram -- Film adaptations.
Strong, Austin, 1881-1952 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Drama.
Sanitation workers -- Drama.
River boats -- Drama.
Paris (France) -- History -- 1914-1918 -- Drama.
Rocky Mountains -- History -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Silent films.
- Silent film with music score and English intertitles; optional French and Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; double-sided disc; mono or stereo audio.
- The river: A naïve young man tries to sail his barge down a river which has been made impassable by a newly-built dam. While stranded, he meets Rosalee, the world-weary girlfriend of a dam construction worker who was convicted of murder.
7th heaven: A classic romantic melodrama that centers on Chico, a lonely Parisian sewer worker who has but two dreams: to get promoted to street sweeper, and to find a blond girl to love him.
- 7th heaven / William Fox presents ; Frank Borzage production ; directed by Frank Borzage
River : reconstruction / produced and directed by Frank Borzage.
- 7th heaven: Janet Gaynor, Charles Farrell, Albert Gran, David Butler.
The river (reconstruction): Charles Farrell, Mary Duncan, Margaret Mann, Ivan Linow.
- 7th heaven: Photographed by Ernest Palmer and J.A. Valentine ; edited and titled by Katharine Hilliker and H.H. Caldwell ; film editor, Barney Wolf ; scenario by Benjamin Glazer.
The river (reconstruction): Photographed by Ernest Palmer ; film editor, Barney Wolf ; musical score, Maurice Baron and Ernö Rapée ; reconstruction presented by the Cinémathèque Suisse, in collaboration with the Cinémathèque Française and the Svenska Filminstitutet ; reconstruction and new titles, Hervé Dumont ; image and sound editing, Vincent de Claparède.
- "We have brought this film to DVD using the best surviving source material available."--Note at start of each film.
7th heaven: From the stage play by Austin Strong.
The river: From the novel by Tristram Tupper, adapted by Philip Klein and Dwight Cummings.
7th heaven originally released as a motion picture in 1927.
The river was also released under the title Backwash.
Reconstruction of The river (side B of disc) based on surviving film, stills from the personal collection of the director, and the original film script.
Released as part of the set titled Murnau, Borzage and Fox.
Special features: Side A: Optional commentary by film historians Robert Birchard and Anthony Slide; 7th Heaven screenplay; Soundtrack notes; Still gallery; Side B: The river (produced and directed by Frank Borzage) reconstruction; optional subtitles in English and French; still gallery.
7th Heaven was named to the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress in 1995.
- Borzage, Frank. , Director, Producer
Fox, William, 1879-1952 , Producer
Glazer, Benjamin F. (Benjamin Floyer), 1887-1956 , Screenwriter
Gaynor, Janet. , Actor
Farrell, Charles, 1900-1990 , Actor
Gran, Albert, 1862-1932 , Actor
Butler, David, 1894-1979 , Actor
Duncan, Mary, 1895-1993 , Actor
Linow, Ivan, 1888-1940 , Actor
Baron, Maurice, 1889-1964. , Composer
Rapée, Erno, 1891-1945. , Composer
Tupper, Tristram. ,
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Producer
- Frank Borzage's The river [videorecording]
Back wash [videorecording]
- 6312440575 (set)
- Publisher Number:
- 024543562207 (set)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|