Genetic steroid disorders [electronic resource] / edited by Maria I. New... [et al.].
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Academic Press, 2013.
1 online resource.
- Endocrine glands -- Diseases.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This is a comprehensive book addressing steroid disorders from hormonal, genetic, psychological, and surgical perspectives. It is meant to educate adult and pediatric endocrinologists, clinical geneticists, genetic counselors, reproductive endocrinologists, neonatologists, urologists, and psychoendocrinologists. It will assist these specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of steroid disorders. The book is written for postgraduate and faculty-level physicians. The content consists of steroid disorders, genetic bases for the disorder and case presentations of each disorder. Provides a common language for professionals to discuss and diagnose genetic steroid disorders. Includes the very latest details on genetic tests and diagnoses. Offers a strong understanding of the molecular basis for the diseases and therefore correct diagnosis and treatment of steroid disorders. Presents insight into which medications to use based on the genetic makeup of a patient. Teaches the best strategies and most effective use of genetic information in the patient counseling setting.
- Description based on print version record.
- New, Maria I., 1928-, editor of compilation.
ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Other format:
- Print version:
- 1299819192 (electronic bk.)
9781299819191 (electronic bk.)
9780124160064 (electronic bk.)
0124160069 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|