Pour le plaisir des yeux [videorecording] = For eye's delight / OHRA & Canal present ; a film written and directed by Izza Génini.
- Other Title:
- For eye's delight [videorecording]
- Paris : distribution OHRA, Izza Génini, 1997.
1 videodisc (51 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Women -- Morocco -- Social life and customs.
Rites and ceremonies -- Morocco.
Beauty culture -- Morocco.
- Documentary films.
- In Arabic and French with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1.
- Director of photography, Jean-Jacques Mrejen; editors, Christophe Gaillard, Stephane Epineaux; music, Les Ouvrières de Maaziz ... [et al.].
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 1997.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
In Morocco, as throughout North Africa, art has a practical purpose in everyday life. The "neggafa" is a female artist who specializes in the craft for festive ceremonies, such as engagement, mariage, and all ritual steps in a woman's life, such as pregnancy, first ear's piercing... According to tradition, this artform passes from mother to daughter as in the case 50-year old Hajja Khadija--a "neggafa" like her mother and grandmother before her.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Genini, Izza. , Screenwriter, Director, Distributor
Ouvrières de Maaziz (Musical group) , Performer
OHRA (Firm). , Producer, Distributor
Studio Canal+. , Producer
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|