Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan : [electronic resource] a tale of two transition paths? / by Asad Alam and Arup Banerji.
- Other Title:
- World Bank working papers.
- Washington, DC : World Bank, Europe and Central Asia Region, Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Sector Unit, 
- Policy research working papers ; 2472.
World Bank e-Library.
Policy research working papers
- Government document
1 online resource
- Capitalism -- Kazakhstan.
Capitalism -- Uzbekistan.
Kazakhstan -- Economic conditions -- 1991-
Kazakhstan -- Economic policy -- 1991-
Uzbekistan -- Economic conditions -- 1991-
Uzbekistan -- Economic policy -- 1991-
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Despite a common parentage for most of the twentietch century, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan followed seemingly different paths in the transition to a market economy. Uzbekistan adopted a cautious gradual approach to market reform, while Kazakhstan followed a more aggresive strategy. But has Kazakhstan done better economically?
- "November 2000"--Cover.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 24-25).
Description based on print version record.
- Banerji, Arup.
World Bank. Europe and Central Asia Region. Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Unit.
- Other format:
- Print version: Alam, Asad. Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|