The treatment of non-essential inputs in a Cobb-Douglas technology : [electronic resource] an application to Mexican rural household level data / Isidro Soloaga.
- Other Title:
- World Bank working papers.
- Washington, DC : World Bank, Development Research Group, Trade, 
- Policy research working papers ; 2499.
World Bank e-Library.
Policy research working papers
- Government document
1 online resource
- Agricultural productivity -- Mexico -- Econometric models.
Production functions (Economic theory).
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- One problem when estimating a Cobb-Douglas production function with micro data is how to deal with the observations that show positive output but do not use some of the inputs. As the log of zero is not defined one standard procedure is to arbitrarily replace those zero values with "sufficinetly small" numbers. But can we do better than that? An alternative approach is presented and applied to Mexican farm-level data.
- "December 2000"--Cover.
Title from title screen as viewed on Oct. 01, 2002.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 18).
Description based on print version record.
- World Bank.
World Bank. Development Research Group. Trade.
- Other format:
- Print version: Soloaga, Isidro. The treatment of non-essential inputs in a Cobb-Douglas technology.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|