The State of Corporate Governance: [electronic resource] Experience from Country Assessments Fremond, Olivier
- Other Title:
- World Bank working papers.
- Washington, D.C., The World Bank, 2002
- Policy research working papers.
World Bank e-Library.
- Government document
1 online resource
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Corporate governance deals with the ways in which the rights of outside suppliers of equity finance to corporations are protected and receive a fair return. Good practices reduce the risk of expropriation of outsiders by insiders and thus the cost of capital for issuers. Capaul and Fremond review the experience of the preparation of 15 corporate governance country assessments across five continents. The assessments have been prepared under the umbrella of the joint World Bank/IMF initiative of the “Reports on the Observance of Standards and Codes” (ROSCs). The assessments focus on the rights of shareholders, the equitable treatment of shareholders, the role of stakeholders, disclosure and transparency, and the duties of the board of listed companies, and use the OECD Principles of Corporate Governance as benchmark. The authors give an overview of the actual and potential contribution of the assessments to policy dialogue, diagnostic and strategic work, lending and nonlending operations, and technical assistance and capacity, and presents the unfinished agenda. This paper-a product of the Corporate Governance Unit, Private Sector Advisory Services Department-is part of a larger effort in the department to disseminate lessons learned in the assessment of the compliance of countries to global standards. The authors may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Description based on print version record.
- Capaul, Mierta
- Other format:
- Print version: Fremond, Olivier. The State of Corporate Governance.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|