Determinants of deposit-insurance adoption and design [electronic resource] / Edward J. Kane, Luc Laeven, Asli Demirguc-Kunt.
- Other Title:
- World Bank working papers.
- [Washington, D.C. : World Bank, 2006]
- Policy research working papers ; 3849.
World Bank e-Library.
Policy research working papers
- Government document
1 online resource
- Deposit insurance.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "The authors seek to identify factors that influence decisions about a country's financial safety net, using a new dataset on 170 countries covering the 1960-2003 period. Specifically, they focus on how outside influences, economic development, crisis pressures, and political institutions affect deposit insurance adoption and design. Controlling for the influence of economic characteristics and events such as macroeconomic shocks, occurrence and severity of crises, and institutional development, they find that pressure to emulate developed-country regulatory frameworks and power-sharing political institutions dispose a country toward adopting design features that inadequately control risk-shifting. "--World Bank web site.
- Title from PDF file as viewed on 3/8/2006.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Laeven, Luc.
- Other format:
- Print version: Kane, Edward J. Determinants of deposit-insurance adoption and design.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|