Creating an efficient financial system : [electronic resource] challenges in a global economy / Thorsten Beck.
- Other Title:
- World Bank working papers.
- [Washington, D.C. : World Bank, 2006]
- Policy research working papers ; 3856.
World Bank e-Library.
Policy research working papers
- Government document
1 online resource
- Capital market.
Financial services industry.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Financial sector development fosters economic growth and reduces poverty by widening and broadening access to finance and allocating society's savings more efficiently. The author first discusses three pillars on which sound and efficient financial systems are built: macroeconomic stability and effective and reliable contractual and informational frameworks. He then describes three different approaches to government involvement in the financial sector: the laissez-faire view, the market-failure view and the market-enabling view. Finally, the author analyzes the sequencing of financial sector reforms and discusses the benefits and challenges that emerging markets face when opening their financial systems to international capital markets. "--World Bank web site.
- Title from PDF file as viewed on 3/8/2006.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- World Bank.
- Other format:
- Print version: Beck, Thorsten. Creating an efficient financial system.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|