Zodiacus Christianus locupletatus, seu, Signa XII divinae praedestinationis totidem symbolis / explicata ab Hierem. Drexelio, è Societate Iesu.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Zodiacvs Christianvs locupletatus, seu, Signa XII divinae praedestinationis totidem symbolis
Zodiacus Christianus locupletatus
Signa XII divinae praedestinationis
- Col. Agrippinae : Apud Cornel. ab Egmond, MDCXXXIIII 
, 152,  p. : ill. ; 11 cm. (16mo)
- umn- iat, s-o- vita (3) 1634 (R)
s.de eris isi- dere (3) 1634 (R)
- Predestination -- Early works to 1800.
Catholic Church -- Doctrines -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Cologne.
- Two editions under this title were printed with imprint date 1630. In one, the dedication on leaf A2r begins: "Illustrissimo Principi ac Domino, DOMINO JOANNI" and the Approbatio on the final leaf is dated 1630. In the other, the dedication on leaf A2r begins: "Ill.mo Principi ac Domino, Dño IOANNI" and the Approbatio on the final leaf is dated 1631.
Fictitious imprint; actually printed in Amsterdam. Cf. Weller. Cornelius ab Egmond was a pseudonym used by the printers Blaeu in Amsterdam. Cf. Rahir, E. Elzevirs (1965 ed.), p. 484.
Engraved title leaf and illustrations.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries copy bound with: Drexel, Jeremias. Horologium auxiliaris tutelaris angeli. Col. Agrippinae : Apud Corn. ab Egmond, Ao. MDCXXXI .
Penn Libraries copy is variant in which the dedication on leaf A2r begins: "Ill.mo Principi ac Domino, Dño IOANNI" and the Approbatio on the final leaf is dated 1631.
Penn Libraries copy has early ms. inscription ("Zim[m]etlin[?] Stud.") in brown ink on front pastedown; early ms. inscription ("Zim[m]etlin[?] Stud:050[?]") in brown ink on back pastedown.
Penn Libraries copy has red ink stamp ("BIBLIOTH. ZOFFING:") of the library of Kloster Zoffingen, Konstanz, Germany, at foot of engraved title leaf.
Penn Libraries copy bound in full early gold-tooled parchment with fore-edge flaps (each ca. 5 mm. in width); partially illegible ms. title at head of spine ("ZOD[...] [...] DREX.").
Penn Libraries copy: leaves closely cropped at tail margin with occasional damage to or loss of signature mark and/or catchword.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kloster Zoffingen (Konstanz, Germany) (stamp) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Dominicans (Konstanz, Germany) (stamp) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- VD 17 12:101683W
Backer-Sommervogel, III, col. 184
- Egmondt, Cornelius ab, active approximately 1622-approximately 1655, printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
German Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|