Banking in Brazil : [electronic resource] structure, performance, drivers, and policy implications / Eduardo Urdapilleta, Constantinos Stephanou.
- Other Title:
- World Bank working papers.
- [Washington, D.C. : World Bank, 2009]
- Policy research working papers ; 4809.
World Bank e-Library.
Policy research working papers
- Government document
1 online resource
- Banks and banking -- Brazil.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- " The objective of this paper is to analyze the industry structure of banking services in Brazil in order to shed light on financial performance and its drivers at a disaggregated level. The study illustrates how differences across market segments - which tend to be averaged out in aggregate analysis - need to be taken into account when analyzing performance and designing public policy for the banking sector. In particular, retail banking is found to be less sensitive to price competition and to exhibit considerably higher returns than corporate banking. The authors identify and discuss the factors underlying revenues, costs, and risks in each market segment, and conclude with policy implications. "--World Bank web site.
- Title from PDF file as viewed on 5/8/2009.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Stephanou, Constantinos, 1971-
- Other format:
- Print version: Urdapilleta, Eduardo. Banking in Brazil.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|