Prakīrṇaka circa 1700-1850. = प्रकीर्णक, १७००-१८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Līlāvatī Selections
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (10 leaves) : paper ; 12 x 27 cm.
- Bhāskarācārya, 1114- Siddhāntaśiromaṇi.
Astronomy -- India.
Astronomy -- Mathematics.
Mathematics -- India.
Geometry -- India.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript used for contemplation and consultation and is a treatise and an ancient textbook on mathematics and geometry as derived from planetary movements. The work, also referred to as the Vāsanābhāṣya, is possibly a commentary on the Siddhāntaśiromaṇi or, the Crown jewel of treatises, by the same author. Two small tables of numbers overwriting the text appear near the end of the manuscript (f. 8v).
- Title from internal colophon (f. 8v); alternate title Vāsanābhāṣya supplied by cataloger.
Written in 10-12 lines per leaf.
10 leaves foliated 1, 1-9, upper left and lower right verso.
Internal colophon: iti bhāskarācāryaviracitāyāṃ gaṇitapādyāṃ līlāvtyāṃ prakīṇakāni samāptāni (f. 8v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant numbers or syllables highlighted in red in some parts of manuscript; vertical margins marked with double red line for part of the manuscript.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H. I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 4908 (UP 680).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 680
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 680
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|