The country justice : containing the practice of the justices of the peace out of their sessions, gathered for the better help of such justices of peace as have not been much conversant in the study of the laws of this realm / by Michael Dalton, to which is now added, the duty and power of justices of peace in their sessions, an abridgment (under proper titles) of all statutes, relating thereunto to the end of the last session of Parliament, ending April 27, 1696, a large table of the principal matters herein contained, with two other tables, one of the chapters in this book and the other of such acts of Parliament as concern the office of a justice of peace.
- London : Printed by William Rawlins and Samuel Roycroft, assigns of Richard and Edward Atkyns, esquires; And are to be sold by J. Walthoe ..., MDCXCVII 
, 535, , 28,  p. ; 33 cm. (fol.)
- ngso s.by h.he weTh (3) 1697 (R)
- Justices of the peace -- Great Britain.
Law -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Judges -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Title within border of double rules.
"Addenda. At the end of chap. IV. add this." (caption title) has separate pagination and register.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy bound in full calf with blind-stamped panel with corner decorations; author and title stamped in gold on spine; six raised bands on spine with gold-tooled designs within panels.
Culture Class Collection copy has ms. inscription "Jos. Hopkinson", possibly the autograph of Joseph Hopkinson (1770-1842), a U.S. Congressman from Pennsylvania and a highly esteemed jurist, on front pastedown and on title page.
Culture Class Collection copy has inked out ms. inscription "Richard Wharton 1784" on title page.
Culture Class Collection copy has ms. bibliographical notes on several leaves in the final "Table of the Principal Matetrs contained in this Book".
- Penn Provenance:
- Hopkinson, Joseph, 1770-1842 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Wharton, Richard (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, R32398
- Rawlins, William, printer.
Roycroft, Samuel, printer.
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|