The rates of merchandise : that is to say, the subsidy of tonnage, subsidy of poundage, and the subsidy of woollen clothes or old-drapery, as they are rated and agreed on by the Commons House of Parliament. Set down and exprest in this book, to be paid according to the tenor of the Act of tonnage and poundage, from the 24th day of June inclusively, in the twelfth year of His Majesties reign, during His Majesties life, and subscribed with the hand of Sir Harebotle Grimston Baronet, Speaker of the House of Commons. Saturday July 28. 1660. Ordered by the Commons assembled in Parliament, that the Act of Tonnage and Poundage, and the Book of Rates, together with the rules annexed, be forthwith printed and published, William Jessop clerk of the Commons House of Parliament.
- Standardized Title:
- Proceedings. 1660-07-28
- London : Printed by Edward Husbands, and Thomas Newcomb, printers to the Commons House of Parliament, 1660.
- Government document
, 58,  p. ; 28 cm. (fol.)
- d.l. l.s. s.d. Satw (3) 1660 (A)
- Tariff -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
Exports -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Charles II, 1660-1685 -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Intended to be issued with Public General Acts. 1660. 12 Cha. II.c.4.
With a final leaf of errata.
The words 'subsidy of tonnage . old-drapery' are bracketed together on title page.
Also issued as part of "An exact collection of all such acts, declarations, orders ..." (Wing E1533A).
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy is no. 8 in a volume of statutes passed by the Parliament of England and Wales, in the years 1660-1662; two ms. tables of contents inserted at beginning of volume.
Culture Class Collection copy has two ms. ownership inscriptions: "W[illia]m Dangar No. 2" and "Tho[ma]s Bond East Looe" on the front free endpaper of the volume.
- Penn Provenance:
- Dangar, William (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Bond, Thomas, 1765-1837 (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, R208491
Wing (CD-ROM, 1996), E922
- Husband, Edward, printer.
Newcomb, Thomas, -1681 or 1682, printer.
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|