An Act for ordering the forces in the several counties of this kingdom.
- Standardized Title:
- Public General Acts. 1662. 14 Car.II.c.3
- Other Title:
- Anno XIV. Caroli II. Regis An Act for ordering the forces in the several counties of this kingdom
Anno Regni Caroli II Regis Angliae, Scotiae, Franciae, & Hiberniae, decimo tertio & quarto at the Parliament begun at Westminster the eighth day of May, anno Dom. 1661 in the thirteenth year of the reign of our most Gracious Soveraign Lord Charles, by the grace of God, of England, Scotland, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the faith, &c. And there continued until Friday the second of May, 1662.
- London : Printed by John Bill and Christopher Barker, printers to the King's most excellent Majesty, 1662.
- Government document
, 39-64 p. ; 28 cm. (fol.)
- e;t, d,ve seen beby (3) 1662 (A)
- Great Britain -- Armed Forces -- Law and legislation -- Early works to 1800.
Law -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1660-1688.
Great Britain -- History -- Restoration, 1660-1688.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Caption title; at head: Anno XIV. Caroli II. Regis.
One of the Public General Acts passed by Parliament in the fourteenth year of Charles II's reign.
Imprint from title page, which reads "Anno regni Caroli II. Regis Angliae, Scotiae, Franciae, & Hiberniae, decimo quarto. At the Parliament begun at Westminster the eighth day of May, anno Dom. 1661. .."
Last word of first line of text: "with-"; first word of line below initial: "Forces"; last word of last full line of first page of text: "same;"
Also issued as part of a through-paged set with a table for the entire set added.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy is no. 27 in a volume of statutes passed by the Parliament of England and Wales, in the years 1660-1662; two ms. tables of contents inserted at beginning of volume.
Culture Class Collection copy has two ms. ownership inscriptions: "W[illia]m Dangar No. 2" and "Tho[ma]s Bond East Looe" on the front free endpaper of the volume.
- Penn Provenance:
- Dangar, William (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Bond, Thomas, 1765-1837 (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, R12314
- Bill, John, active 1630-1681, printer.
Barker, Christopher, active 1640-1680, printer.
England and Wales. Sovereign (1660-1685 : Charles II).
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|