An act for distribution of threescore thousand pounds amongst the truly loyal and indigent commission-officers, and for assessing of offices, and distributing the moneys thereby raised for their further supply.
- Standardized Title:
- Public General Acts. 1662. 14 Car.II.c.8
- Other Title:
- Anno regni Caroli II. Regis Angliae, Scotiae, Franciae, & Hiberniae, decimo quarto. At the Parliament begun at Westminster the eighth day of May, Anno Dom. 1661. In the thirtieth year of reign of our most Gracious Soveraign Lord Charles, by the grace of God, of England, Scotland, France and Ireland, King, Defender of the Faith, &c. And there continued till the nineteenth of May, in the 14th year of His Majesties said reign. And thence prorogued to the 18th of February then next following
Anno XIV Caroli II. Regis An act for distribution of threescore thousand pounds amongst the truly loyal and indigent commission-officers, and for assessing of offices, and distributing the moneys thereby raised for their further supply
An. decimo quarto Caroli II. Regis
- London : Printed by John Bill and Christopher Barker, Printers to the Kings most excellent majesty, 1662.
- Government document
, 149-206 p. ; 28 cm. (fol.)
- isng s.nt q;ll CoEd (C) 1662 (A)
- England and Wales. Army -- Officers -- Early works to 1800.
England and Wales. Army -- Pay, allowances, etc. -- Early works to 1800.
England and Wales. Parliament -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Charles II, 1660-1685 -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Law and legislation -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Caption title from p. 149.
Title page within a double-ruled border; woodcut initials and head pieces.
Royal coat of arms on title page.
A variant of ESTC (R492360) with last word of first line of text: Loyal; first word of line below initial: Laws; last word of last full line of text: this.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy is no. 32 in a volume of statutes passed by the Parliament of England and Wales, in the years 1660-1662; two ms. tables of contents inserted at beginning of volume.
Culture Class Collection copy has two ms. ownership inscriptions: "W[illia]m Dangar No. 2" and "Tho[ma]s Bond East Looe" on the front free endpaper of the volume.
- Penn Provenance:
- Dangar, William (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Bond, Thomas, 1765-1837 (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, R492360 (var.)
- Charles II, King of England, 1630-1685.
Bill, John, active 1630-1681, printer.
Barker, Christopher, 1529-1599, printer.
England and Wales. Sovereign (1660-1685 : Charles II).
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|