The reign of King Charles : an history disposed into annalls.
- Other Title:
- History of King Charles
- Second edition revised, and somewhat enlarged / with a reply to some late observations upon that history by the same author.
- London : Printed by F[rancis]. L[each]. and J[ohn]. G[rismond]. for Hen: Seile, Senior and Junior, over against St. Dunstans Church in Fleetstreet, and Edw: Dod, at the Gun in Ivy-lane, 1656.
, 274, , 47,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill. (port.) ; 29 cm. (fol.)
- tose seon y.o- exoD (3) 1656 (A)
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649.
Heylyn, Peter, 1600-1662. Observations on The historie of the reign of King Charles.
Great Britain -- History -- Charles I, 1625-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- The history extends to 1641 only.
With additional title page (plate), engraved and signed: The history of King Charles by H:L: Esqr. G. Faithorne.
H.L. = Hamon L'Estrange.
The reply to the "Observations" of Peter Heylyn has separate dated title page, "The observator observed: or Animadversions upon the observations on the history of King Charles", printed by T.C. for Edw. Dod", pagination and register.
Printer's name from Wing CD.
Signatures: A⁴ C-2O⁴, ²A-F⁴ ²[G]1.
Includes "Table of all the remarkable passages in the book."
Errors in pagination: p. 252, 253 misnumbered 152 and 153 respectively.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy bound in full brown speckled calf with blind-stamped, double line fillet border on boards; author and title stamped in gold on spine; all edges speckled red; portion of a vellum leaf used as ms. waste.
Culture Class Collection copy has name of the author in ms. on the additional engraved title page.
Culture Class Collection copy imperfect: left board detached; engvraved title page mutilated at lower right corner with no loss of text.
Culture Class Collection copy has armorial bookplate of "Richard Jones Esq. 1707" on verso of title page.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, R12685
Wing (CD-ROM, 1996), L1190
- Leach, Francis, -1658, printer.
Grismond, John, printer.
Faithorne, William, 1616-1691, engraver.
Dod, Edward, active 1646-1661, bookseller.
Seile, Henry, 1595-1660, bookseller.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- The observator observed: or Animadversions upon the observations on the history of King Charles.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|