Charlie Wilson's war [videorecording] / Universal Pictures presents in association with Relativity Media and Participant Productions ; Playtone production ; produced by Gary Goetzman, Tom Hanks ; screenplay by Aaron Sorkin ; directed by Mike Nichols.
- Fullscreen [ed.].
- Universal City, Calif. : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, c2008.
1 videodisc (102 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Crile, George -- Film adaptations.
Wilson, Charles, 1933-2010 -- Drama.
United States. Congress -- Committees -- Drama.
Legislators -- United States -- Drama.
Afghanistan -- History -- Soviet occupation, 1979-1989 -- Drama.
Fund raisers (Persons) -- Texas -- Drama.
- Biographical films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles.
English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1, fullscreen presentation; Dolby Digital.
- In the early 1980s, Charlie Wilson is best known as a womanizing US congressional representative from Texas. He seemed to be in the minor leagues, except for the fact that he is a member of two major foreign policy and covert-ops committees. However, once Charlie is prodded by his major conservative supporter, Joanne Herring, Wilson learns about the plight of the people who are suffering from the effects of the brutal Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. With the help of the maverick CIA agent, Gust Avrakotos, Wilson dedicates his canny political efforts to supply the Afghan mujahideen with the weapons and support needed to defeat the Soviet Union. Ultimately, Charlie learns that while military victory can be obtained, there are other consequences and prices to that fight that are ignored to everyone's sorrow. Based on a true story.
- Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, Ned Beatty, Emily Blunt, Om Puri, Ken Stott, John Slattery, Denis O'Hare, Jud Tylor.
- Director of photography, Stephen Goldblatt ; editors, John Bloom, Antonia Van Drimmelen ; music, James Newton Howard ; costume designer, Albert Wolsky ; production designer, Victor Kempster.
- Based on the book by George Crile.
1.33:1 aspect ratio.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2007.
Bonus features: The making of Charlie Wilson's War featuring interviews with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts and Who is Charlie Wilson?
- Nichols, Mike. , Director
Goetzman, Gary, 1952- , Producer
Hanks, Tom. , Producer, Actor
Sorkin, Aaron. , Screenwriter
Roberts, Julia, 1967- , Actor
Hoffman, Philip Seymour, 1967- , Actor
Adams, Amy. , Actor
Beatty, Ned. , Actor
Blunt, Emily. , Actor
Puri, Om. , Actor
Stott, Ken, 1955- , Actor
Slattery, John, 1963- , Actor
Howard, James Newton. , Composer
Crile, George. ,
Universal Pictures (Firm). , Producer
Playtone (Firm) , Producer
Participant Productions. , Producer
Relativity Media. , Producer
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
61100565 Universal Studios Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|