Nashville / Paramount ; ABC Entertainment presents a Jerry Weintraub production of a Robert Altman film ; executive producers, Martin Starger and Jerry Weintraub ; written by Joan Tewkesbury ; produced and directed by Robert Altman.
- Dual format ed.
- [Irvington, NY] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 683.
1 videodisc (160 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Country music -- Tennessee -- Nashville -- Drama.
Country musicians -- Tennessee -- Nashville -- Drama.
Music trade -- Tennessee -- Nashville -- Drama.
United States -- Social life and customs -- 1971- -- Drama.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989 -- Drama.
Nashville (Tenn.) -- Drama.
- Musical films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- Blu-ray, widescreen; requires Blu-ray player.
video file Blu-Ray
- A cornerstone of 1970s American filmmaking from Robert Altman. It is a view of the country's political and entertainment landscapes set in the nation's music capital. It weaves the stories of 24 characters-from country star to wannabe to reporter to waitress-into a cinematic tapestry that is equal parts comedy, tragedy, and musical. It showcases Altman's ability to get to the heart of American life via its eccentric byways, and barrels forward to an unforgettable conclusion.
- David Arkin, Barbara Baxley, Ned Beatty, Karen Black, Ronee Blakley, Timothy Brown, Keith Carradine, Geraldine Chaplin, Robert DoQui, Shelley Duvall, Allen Garfield, Henry Gibson, Scott Glenn, Jeff Goldblum, Barbara Harris, David Hayward, Michael Murphy, Allan Nicholls, Dave Peel, Cristina Raines, Bert Remsen, Lily Tomlin, Gwen Welles, Keenan Wynn.
- Music arranged and supervised by Richard Baskin ; edited by Sidney Levin, Dennis Hill ; wardrobe, Jules Melillo ; director of photography, Paul Lohmann.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1975.
Special features include commentary (featuring director Robert Altman), The making of Nashville (new documentary featuring interviews with actors Ronee Blakley, Keith Carradine, Michael Murphy, Allan Nicholls, and Lily Tomlin; screenwriter Joan Tewkesbury; assistant director Alan Rudolph; and director Robert Altman's widow, Kathryn Reed Altman); Robert Altman interviews (archival interviews from 1975, 2000, and 2002), Behind-the-scenes (footage shot on location during filming of the traffic jam scene and the final scene at the Parthenon replica); Keith Carradine demo (performing his songs from the film).
- Altman, Robert, 1925-2006, film producer, film director., Producer, Director
Weintraub, Jerry, film producer., Producer
Starger, Martin, film producer., Producer
Tewkesbury, Joan, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Black, Karen, 1939-2013, actor., Actor
Carradine, Keith, 1949- actor., Actor
Gibson, Henry, actor., Actor
Paramount Pictures Corporation, production company., Producer
ABC Entertainment, production company., Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm), film distributor., Distributor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|