Yin yu tang [videorecording] : a Chinese home / three films by the Long Bow Group ; produced and directed by Carma Hinton and Richard Gordon ; producer and associate director, Wang Shukai.
- Other Title:
- Chinese home [videorecording]
- [Salem, MA] : Peabody Essex Museum, c2003.
1 videodisc (50 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Peabody Essex Museum.
Chinese New Year.
Architecture, Domestic -- China -- Anhui Sheng.
Weddings -- China -- Anhui Sheng.
Anhui Sheng (China) -- Social life and customs.
- Documentary films.
- In Chinese with subtitles in English and some English voiceover; titles on films and on containers also in Chinese characters.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- Three short films describe age-old traditions and contemporary lifestyles in the villages of the Huizhou region of China's Anhui province. Yin yu tang (17 minutes, 20 seconds) presents the significance of the ancestral home in rural China and describes how the home is dismantled and re-erected at the Peabody Essex Museum. Guo nian (16 minutes, 38 seconds) documents contemporary New Year's celebrations and reminiscences of celebrations past. Guomen (16 minutes, 19 seonds) describes traditional rituals experienced by a bride and her family as they prepare for her wedding, and elders recall their own nuptials.
- Yin yu tang = A Chinese home
Guo nian = Passage into a new year
Guomen = A village wedding.
- Camera, Richard Gordon, Cheng Shouqi; editor, David Camochan.
- Videodisc release of three short documentary films produced in 2003.
The title and parallel title of the first film also serve as the title and parallel title of the collection of three films.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
- Hinton, Carma. , Director, Producer
Gordon, Richard. , Cinematographer, Director, Producer
Wang, Shukai. , Producer
Long Bow Group. , Producer
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology. , Producer, Distributor
- Guo nian [videorecording]
Passage into a new year [videorecording]
Village wedding [videorecording]
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|