Making computerized provider order entry work [electronic resource] / Philip A. Smith.
- London ; New York : Springer, c2013.
- Health information technology standards.
Health information technology standards
1 online resource (xx, 193 p.)
- Medical informatics.
Medical records -- Data processing.
- Medical subjects:
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Making Computerized Provider Order Entry Work is neither a scientific reference guide into medical informatics nor a book on theory or a summary of research studies in the field, but rather it is a practical guide to visioning and executing successful automation of physician workflow in the hospital environment. This adaptation of workflow is the work of a team, with leadership, clear vision, dedication, commitment, external drivers, experience, and the tireless work of those before us in this industry, who have paved the way with both successes and failure.Throughout the book, the author shares hard lessons-learned and guides the reader through the early warning signs that will help avoid the pitfalls. As systems progress, and the regulatory environments change, there will be new challenges and opportunities that will confront those setting up automated physician workflows. However, this book highlights and discusses all of the principles involved such as vision, leadership, project management and change management, which will always need to be incorporated to ensure project success. As such this book will be an important reference for anyone involved in the setting up or use of such systems from the physicians and medical professionals themselves through the medical informaticist to health system executives and other decision makers.
- Why the Concern for CPOE
Vision: How You Start
Leadership and Governance
Project Management Key Opportunities
CPOE Change Readiness Assessment
Avoiding Common Pitfalls
Stabilization and Optimization
Putting It All Together.
- Includes index.
- 9781447142430 (electronic bk.)
1447142438 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|